Thrift Shop and Boutique
Our Thrift Shop is known as the best on the Island of Hawai’i!
To provide funding for St James’ Episcopal Church and its outreach programs, through a mostly all-volunteer organization that provides the community with quality items at affordable prices.
Our store shopping hours are:
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday 9:00-1:00
Friday we are open 4:00-7:00
TEAM LEADERS: Betty Hannah, Linda Mendonca, and Rebecca Schuler.
DID YOU KNOW?
* Our thrift shop is run mostly by volunteers from St. James’ Church and the wider community.
* It takes 40+ volunteers working at least 3 days a week to keep our doors open. Some of our volunteers have been with us more than 20 years.
* Our customers tell us that we are the BEST Thrift Store on the Big Island.
* Donations and purchases help us to give generously to support the needs of our community.
WHEN AND HOW CAN YOU HELP
Both men and women volunteers are needed for all areas Monday thru Saturday 9:00-1:00 and Friday evening from 4:00-7:00. Please consider joining this important and fun outreach mission of our church.
VOLUNTEER JOBS INCLUDE:
* Assisting customers
* Maintaining the appearance of the merchandise areas
* Managing a department
* Managing displays
* Shop maintenance
* Sorting clothing, shoes, etc.
* Stocking merchandise