Thrift Shop and Boutique
Our Thrift Shop is known as the best on the Island of Hawai’i!
To provide funding for St James’ Episcopal Church and its outreach programs, through a mostly all-volunteer organization that provides the community with quality items at affordable prices.
TEAM LEADERS: Betty Hannah, Marquita Denison, Linda Mendonca, Rebecca Schuler, Juanita Riuz, and Rona Lee.
DID YOU KNOW?
* Our thrift shop is run mostly by volunteers from St. James’ Church and the wider community.
* It takes 40+ volunteers working at least 3 days a week to keep our doors open. Some of our volunteers have been with us more than 20 years.
* We have pledged 5% of our gross profits for the year to support Annunciation Catholic Church’s Food Pantry, and other community needs.
* Half of our Christmas Bazaar proceeds go to the food pantries at Annunciation Catholic Church and Kokua Ministries.
* Our customers tell us that we are the BEST Thrift Store on the Big Island.
* Donations and purchases help us to give generously to support the needs of our community.
Below is a list of some of the community needs that we are able to support:
|CATHOLIC CHARITIES FOOD PANTRY|
|COMMUNITY DOG OWNERS|
|COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL|
|DRESS A GIRL AROUND THE WORLD|
|GRACE EPISCOPAL CHURCH (MOLOKAI)|
|HAWAII PERFORMING ARTS FESTIVAL|
|HPA THEATRE PROGRAM|
|KAWAIHAE CANOE CLUB|
|KOHALA ANIMAL RELOCATION and EDUCATION SERVICES|
|PARKER SCHOOL DRAMATIQUES|
|POLICE DEPARTMENT INITIATIVES|
|ST. COLUMBA’S EPISCOPAL CHURCH|
|ST. JAMES’ AFTER SCHOOL TUTORING PROGRAM|
|ST. JAMES’ COMMUNITY MEAL|
|ST JAMES’ PRAYER SHAWL MINISTRY|
|ST. JAMES’ YOUTH PROGRAM|
|THE MARSHALLESE COMMUNITY|
|THE MARSHALLESE OUTER ISLANDS|
WAIMEA MIDDLE SCHOOL – school supplies
WAIMEA QUILT CLUB
Both men and women volunteers are needed for all areas Monday thru Saturday 9:00-1:00 and Friday evening from 4:00-7:00. Please consider joining this important and fun outreach mission of our church.
VOLUNTEER JOBS INCLUDE:
* Assisting customers
* Maintaining the appearance of the merchandise areas
* Managing a department
* Managing displays
* Shop maintenance
* Sorting clothing, shoes, etc.
* Stocking merchandise